As a plus sized woman, it has always been hard to shop. The stores you want to shop at don’t have your size, and the stores that do have your size look like old lady clothes. Like come on! I know I’m big, but damn that doesn’t mean I want to wear tunics and leggings everyday. I like ripped jeans, I like an occasional crop top, and I like to show off my curves. So, I’m about to put y’all on game, because I get a lot of questions on where I shop. So here are my favorite stores, in no particular order.
- Forever 21: I’ve probably been shopping here for the longest. In March of 2009, they released their Faith 21 line that was exclusively extended sizes. Since then, the name has changed and the brand has expanded. They offer a variety of clothing that is young and fresh, as well as inexpensive.
- Old Navy: People are so sleep on Old Navy! Fun fact: Old Navy is owned by Gap, so Old Navy jeans are the same quality as Gap, but about half the price. They have the BEST sales, especially around the holidays. If you can’t find your size in the store, plus sizes are also available online!
- Fashion Nova: So I’m not gonna lie, I was very sleep on fashionnova when I first heard about it, but when I actually checked the site I was impressed. I personally order a size up just to make sure because the clothes run slightly small in my opinion. Also, you gotta make sure you wear the clothes, don’t let them wear you because if so, you’ll end up looking like everybody else.
- Boohoo: Since I’ve been shopping for myself, online shopping has been my go to. I discovered boohoo about 3 years ago and trust me I was shook. It’s a U.K. based brand that has everything from bathing suits, to dresses, to jeans, to accessories, etc. They not only offer a student discount, but there’s usually always a sale from 40%-70% off. The only downside about boohoo is that they take forever to ship so if you need something fast, this isn’t the site to shop at. I suggest ordering a size up because the clothes do run small.
- ASOS: ASOS is bomb ok bomb!!! I personally like to get my pop out pieces (i.e. jumpsuits, dresses, streetwear, etc.) from here. They offer a student discount and no taxes so I’m here for it all! Also, if you’re not sure about your size, they have a tool where you can fill in your usual sizes, as well as bra size and how you like your clothes to fit and it will suggest tO you the best size for whatever you’re shopping for!
So there you have it. That’s where the majority of my pieces come from. I hope that this article is beneficial to somebody who struggles with shopping just like I have in the past, and I can’t wait to see your looks!